I made a new recipe for dinner. It was so pretty I had to snap a picture. It was delicious too! We had some grilled chicken with it.
I got the recipe from the Today show (actually Martha Stewart on the Today show, but don't tell Cody).
I'll put the recipe below the picture.
Recipe: Cherry tomato, mozzarella and zucchini pie
"Martha Stewart's New Pies and Tarts: 150 Recipes for Old-Fashioned and Modern Favorites"
(I used a frozen pie crust (thawed), which Martha would NEVER do)
• For the filling:
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 shallot, finely chopped
• 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch-thick half-moons
• 1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 4 ounces bocconcini (fresh mozzarella balls) or fresh mozzarella (1-inch pieces)
• 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
• 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
2. Make the filling: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium. Add shallot; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden and liquid has been released, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. Halve one-third of the tomatoes. Stir halved and whole tomatoes, both cheeses, basil and flour into shallot-zucchini mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 13-inch round, about 1/4-inch thick. Make seven 3-inch-long cuts around edge of dough, evenly spaced. Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Drizzle shell with remaining tablespoon oil. Transfer filling to shell. Fold in flaps of dough, slightly overlapping.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake pie on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet until crust is golden brown and juices are bubbling, 70 to 80 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.